New York Cannabis Licensing, Part 1: MRTA Adult Use License Types

Next up in our series of posts on New York’s Marijuana Revenue and Taxation Act (MRTA) is a deep dive into the adult-use licensing provisions.  There is a lot to unpack here and a wealth of information on the license types and the licensing process. So much so that we will be splitting our summary of the MRTA’s adult-use licensing provisions into 3 parts.

Part 1 details the types of licenses authorized by the MRTA and restrictions governing each type of license. Part 2 will detail the MRTA’s provisions regarding the license application process.  Part 3 will go over New York’s social and economic equity program and everything else applicants need to know about adult-use licensing.

Before we get started, the standard caveat: the MRTA only provides the framework for the adult-use licensing process. The rules and regulations governing the application process and New York’s cannabis industry will be developed and implemented by the Cannabis Control Board (CCB). Our summary is based only on the text of the MRTA, and the actual rules and regulations may be different once the CCB begins its rulemaking process.

Now let’s get into it. The MRTA authorizes several different license types, each of which

Read More Here…

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on reddit
Share on pinterest
Share on email

Bud Digest

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *